Bibliotherapy reading groups are groups of people who come together to read passages from good fiction and sometimes non-fiction. After each read aloud passage, there is a pause for comment or discussion, led by the facilitator.
Tea, coffee and biscuits are served!
There are five ‘Share a Book’ groups in Westminster
and eight in Kensington and Chelsea. They happen every week at the same time for an hour and a half. Some groups, which take place in a hospital setting, are for one hour.
- The reading is aloud.
- You don’t have to bring anything
- You don’t have to read a book in advance
- You don’t have to read
- You don’t have to say anything
- You don’t have to come every single week
- You don’t have to fill in forms or give your personal details
The group times and venues are as follows -
- Monday - Paddington Library Porchester Road 2pm - 3.30pm
- Tuesday - Church Street Library Church Street 10.30am - 12 noon
- Tuesday - Queen’s Park Library Harrow Road 3.30pm – 5pm
- Wednesday - Maida Vale Library Sutherland Avenue 10.30am – 12 noon
- Thursday - Victoria Library Buckingham Palace Road 10.30am – 12.30pm
Bibliotherapy reading groups are run by the Westminster Libraries Health Information Project in partnership with the Reader Organisation.