The Assessment and Brief Treatment (ABT) Teams will be a Single Point of Entry for all referrals to Community Teams. They offer a comprehensive psychiatric assessment and brief intervention delivered by mental health professionals, including fully dedicated medical staff.
The team provides both routine and urgent assessments when required for service users not known to mental health services.
Some GP practices are attached to primary care liaison services. This provision will continue which means that some service users may initially be assessed within thier GP practice. The ABT team will pay particular attention to liaising effectively with GPs.
Professions within the Assessment and Brief Treatment team will include:
- Approved Mental Health Practitioners (AMHPs)
- Community psychiatric nurses (CPN)
- Social workers
- Occupational therapists (OT)
- Clinical psychologists
Other members of the team include:
- Team manager
- Clinical Team Leaders
- Receptionists and Secretaries
- Other staff such as support workers, mental health workers, employment specialists, art therapists and psychotherapists
People are referred to the ABT team by their GPs, by another agency, family member, carer or they can self refer.
First Floor, , 190 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London, SW1V 1DX