The South Westminster Home Treatment Team is a multidisciplinary, community-based mental health team that operates 24-hours a day, 7 days a week to provide a safe and effective home-based assessment and treatment service as an alternative to in-patient care. This service also facilitates early discharge from hospital, where admission has been necessary.
- Daily treatment, care and support to service users and their families in their home
- Practical help, if needed, with things like shopping and household tasks
- Supervision of medication that has been prescribed
- Development of a care plan which is individual to the service user
The team will keep in touch with their service users' GP and local community team.
- All residents of South Westminster whose mental health care falls under the Gordon Hospital, with serious and/or enduring mental illness, who are experiencing a mental health crisis and require admission to hospital
- Clients who are currently well known and currently open to a local community mental health team who are showing evidence of relapse, and without intensive input are likely to require admission in the near future
- Any in-patient at the GordonHospital, with severe and enduring illness whose admission could be shortened by additional short-term intensive treatment and support at home.
- Community mental health teams (including Primary Care Liaison Nurses), the Assertive Outreach Team and the Out of Hours Team
- In-patient units
- Other mental health professionals (Triage and Intake, Emergency Duty Social Work Team, DayHospital)
- Out of area hospitals if admitting a local resident and if the Crisis Resolution assessment is feasible
- Mental Health Act Assessments to consult with Home Treatment Team prior to all assessments, although attendance may not always be appropriate.
Direct referrals will not be taken from
- GP practices
- Self-referrals by clients / carers / family members etc
- Hostels, supported housing projects and other non-statutory services
The Gordon Hospital, Bloomburg Street, London, SW1V 2RH